So while daddy was working really hard this weekend, Isaac and I had fun. I can say for certain that Mike will never ever buy a house that has old wallpaper on it again. When Mike and Isaac went home for a few weeks in September, I decided I would be helpful and try to take down some borders. I lasted about 20 minutes, became frustrated, knocked over my ladder, and then realized my husband was/is a saint to have depapered the entire kitchen and bathroom. And then I decided since he was so good at it, that I would let him finish. You know, marriages are about sharing your strengths and weaknesses. ..So Mike decided to tackle the second bath and the borders this weekend. Yes, it took him two entire days to take of two simple bedroom borders and one half bath paper. Now our house smells new though, like drywall and oil based paint. I actually kind of like it. Anyway, maybe I"m weird. Isaac and I took off to go pick some apples at Moelker farms. We picked a whole peck. Now if you're like me, you have to ask the people on the farm how much a peck is , it's a little less than a grocery size bag. But we got the whole peck for $4!! Apple pie anyone? Yum!!
I had to keep Isaac busy out of the house while Mike is working on it because he really prefers Mike over me right now. It's kind of sad to me but I have to realize it's a phase. Mike just ordered the kitchen floor and will be putting it down so we'll have another mom and bubby weekend which was good for us. It's one of those interlocking wood floors so hopefully it won't give him too much trouble! I'm excited because we bought a new mitre saw which he says I don't get to use b/c I might cut off my fingers and then how am I going to do surgery w/o my fingers? Humphf. We'll see. I'm sure we'll post photos of his great work when it's done in a few weeks =)

Yes, my child is eating a rock.

1 comment:
He gets cuter everytime I see him!
the caroles
Post a Comment