I guess we have been a little busy lately because I have this wonderful new baby to show off and a great two year-old and haven't managed to put up pics yet. I still won't get it done today but at least I can write what we've been up to. Maybe tonight I will try to download them from my camera. Anyway, we went home for a week to see family, spent about 3 days in Kansas City and 3 days in Topeka. Isaac was so good in the car and Luke just slept the whole time of course. It is difficult traveling with two kids but I think we are pros now at the long drives =) At least Mike is. We left at 5:30pm from Grand Rapids and got in Kansas City at 4:30am our time. The nice thing is that Isaac took a late nap for about 2 hours since he was too excited to nap at home, then we took a good dinner break while I fed Luke and Mike and Isaac went to Bass Pro shop. After that it was hockey video time! Mike gets this hockey video from the library that is instructinoal hockey tips, totally boring (sorry Isaac) but that Isaac just loves. So they entertained themselves in the back with that and veggies tales for awhile and then Isaac just slept til we got to KS. People always ask how we do it so thought i'd share.
It has been a little more challenging than normal lately which is probably why I haven't written. Luke got sick in KS and is waking up all night and we are dealing with Isaac's "needs". He is a super great boy but is of course, two years old, which means there is a lot to get upset or worked up over. Mike and I are taking shifts at night getting up with the kids so that helps. I honestly can't imagine how it would be if he was working! I am so thankful that we made that decision as it makes life so much better.
Someone said to us when we were in KS that this is the busiest time in our lives, having little ones, and I definitely believe it. But then I think, well I'm making it so we'll just keep plugging along! It's also one of the most amazing times. Luke is such a beautiful baby and is smiling now. It is one of God's greatest inventions, the smile of a baby. So precious and innocent. That's always a fun reward during the day to make Luke smile. Isaac is also talking so much and seeing him put words together amazes us each day. He saw a blow-up santa in Lowe's and said "ho, ho, ho, Merry Christmas". We have no idea where he got that from, it wasn't from us!
I started back taking ENT call last week. It's nice to take it now for November and not have to make it up later. I don't start back to surgery until the week of Thanksgiving though which is nice to have 7 full weeks off. This week was a little extra challenging. I had surgery on my foot on Wednesday and am recovering now. I have a lovely boot on my foot. I had a ganglion cyst that was causing some problems and I'm hoping that when I heal I will be able to run again because it has prevented me from doing that for a long time. I am soooo thankful that it was able to be done during my maternity leave because otherwise I would have to take about 2 weeks off from doing surgery. Now I just am being forced to sit and rest. It's probably good for me, I am just sitting all day enjoying looking at Luke and being waited on =)
So that was a lot! If you made it this far, thanks for "listening"! We are doing Thanksgiving at our house this year and we are spending the day with our close friends and making dinner together. It's one of my favorite holidays, even if I turn 30 over the Thanksgiving weekend . . . .
Lots of love to our friends and family!!!!
Friday, November 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Glad you guys are doing well! Hopefully you will have a quick recovery with your foot. Thinking of you and hoping I remember to send you a birthday card.
I'm so glad the timing of the foot surgery worked out, and I hope it heals quickly! That did not sound fun! But it's not so bad to be waited on hand and foot, is it?? :)
Take care and have a wonderful Thanksgiving at home and with friends! Happy early birthday, Kristi!
Post a Comment