

I am finally going to post a few pictures of the basement while I am on a roll with the posting thing. It was just the basic concrete floor, unfinished basement which you can probably tell from the pre photos. So Mike finished this awhile ago but I wanted to show a few pics because we finally have it mostly decorated. He added all the outlets, lighting, and made the outlets behind the TV so that the wiring didn't show. He drywalled it, put down the floor, put in a drywall ceiling, and finished it all off with mouldings. This was quite the project for him for a couple of months. This will be our new winter hideaway. It already has been so much fun to have. I have my elliptical down there (which I am excited to use eventually), Isaac has a hockey area in the unfinished part and a hockey jigsaw mat on the finished side that he can play on. we are so thankful for this space and it definitely adds to our indoor activities for the winter when we kind of feel like we are hibernating. I guess we are supposed to get a lot more snow this year. Actually, it was pretty nice last year. There isn't wind here like we have in Kansas so while we have more snow, the lack of windchill makes it much more bearable. I definitely am glad that we have an SUV bc there are days when my little Rolla won't make it out of the driveway (Toyota wasn't really thinking snow when they designed the Corolla). We didn't build a guestroom but the couch is comfy, so come visit anytime =)


1 comment:
HOLY COW. I am so impressed by Mike's handiwork. Way to go, Manions! The basement looks awesome!
And Luke is precious. Congratulations!!
Post a Comment