Friday, April 09, 2010

Public Service Announcement

This is to save all guys from being hit over the head by another female or for other socially inept individuals. The title of this is,"what not to say to a pregnant woman".

"Yeah, I wondered if you were pregnant b/c you were looking kind of "fuller" in the face."
The above has been said to me by THREE DIFFERENT people. Okay, so maybe it's so but come on, really, is that necessary? Just say, congratulations. Now I almost want to tell people I'm pregnant so they don't think I just randomly started gaining weight the end of my intern year. Trust me, I get it, I have a round face. Sheesh people.

"You are going to be one of those pregnant people who gets really big all over, aren't you?"
That one takes the cake. Um, no, I'm going to be one of those pregnant people who struts around in a bikini at 8 mos and has my picture in a magazine-"of course I"m going to get big and by the way, you're not so small yourself"! Of course, that's only what I was thinking. Is that bad? Surely God would understand.

People, people. And it's been such a good week too, I only puked in my surgical mask once this week . . . Good thing babies are so wonderful and it makes it all worth it!! We just can't wait to meet Dosito!

4 comments:

Jodie said...

Kristi, I think you are beautiful, and I am so sorry for all the hurtful things that have been said to you. You are a super cute pregnant mom! Love you!

Thuy said...

Urgh... People say the dumbest, most insensitive things! I'm sorry, Kristi! - Glad that Dosito is doing well!

Sunflower-Family said...

I think you're beautiful pregnant. What a blessing you've been given. And trust me, we all know those people could use a scale, a mirror, and a little self-awareness.

Anonymous said...

I bet you are still stunning, but with some extra glow :)

Carole
x