Sunday, April 04, 2010

HAPPY EASTER!!!

I hope you all are having wonderful family time and celebrating the resurrection today! I am in spirit-I'm at work today from 7a Sunday to 7a Monday and I worked til Midnight on Good Friday so I completely missed our Easter services. We only have to work like 5 holidays a year or so and this is one of mine but it's the last holiday I work so that's great!

Mike and Isaac just came by after church and we had lunch together. It's nice now that it's a little warmer and Isaac can run around in the garden we have out by our cafeteria. This hospital really is great for things like that, good for families.

So what have we been up to? Well, I've enjoyed working the later shift the past week b/c the weather has been so nice and Isaac and I can play outside. I also have to take an on-line stats course this month-ick!! Mike just finished putting up guttering on the outside of our house. I'm still amazed with what he can figure out how to do and it sure was needed. It's crazy how a lot of houses here don't have guttering, it's bad for our foundation and leave huge trenches a couple of feet away from the wall of the house in the yard. Weird. Mike's working on figuring out how to finish studding off the basement to start refinishing it. We are going to just put in a family room and guest bedroom since our new baby will be in our current guest bedroom =) We want to encourage visitors!!! Isaac constantly asks to play hockey with Mike's two friends, Joe and Eddy (and us of course). I was even in the grocery store yesterday with Isaac, he turns the the guy behind me and says "hockey, joe". They all went to a hockey game one night when all us wives were working (Joe and Eddy's wives are OB/GYN interns). He has a huge vocabulary now, definitely about 200 words, too many to count, and is starting to put a couple of words together. Isaac loves playing outside, of course, street hockey, but also tee baseball, and with sidewalk chalk.

So that's us in a nutshell in the past week! Thanks for all the e-mails. I love to hear how everyone is doing and thanks for the prayers for out little one on the way! Of course, let me know how we can pray for you too!

1 comment:

Thuy said...

Kristi, I think that weekend will work for us for Mike to visit! Let us know!!