Thursday, February 04, 2010

Mr. Manatee

Sorry I haven't been the best on blogging lately. I think I logged the most hours of any month in January and just ran out of time. We did take a wonderful vacation the second week in January to Fort Myers. We went for a week with Isaac, of course, and stayed with Mike's parents in Fort Myers. The only problem was they set records lows! I mean, we were trying to get away from the cold and it's the cold there EVER! Crazy. Oh well, at least the company was fun and there still wasn't snow on the ground.My favorite part was visiting Marco Island though. Mike and I really needed some time together and were able to sneak away for 2 nights to Marco Island while the grandparents watched Isaac. The warmest days were while we were there and we were actually able to lay out by the pool and beach and be bums like we wanted to. Our room was just beautiful and were had a bedroom that opened completely up to the ocean. There' s nothing greater in the morning than waking up to the sounds of the ocean.

It was fun to see Isaac explore the sand. I don't really know if he remembers the beaches in Michigan last summer. We also went kayaking which was fun and saw a lot of manatees. Fortunate for us, but unfortunate for the manatees. They were in the river because the Gulf was so cold. The cold weather may have been bad for us but it was certainly worse for the wildlife. Thousands of fish died and so did hundreds of manatees. They are such beautiful animals to see in the wild though. It was truly a wonderful break for all of us!

On the river in Fort Myers where we stayed with the Manions
He is VERY excited about these oranges. Isaac is obsessed with fruit so seeing a citrus store was like a dream come true for him.

Mike and I on our balcony on Marco Island.



Isaac loved playing the ABC game with grandpa.


Diggin' for gold

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys got a chance to get away from the cold snow, we are going to Florida for spring break. The boys are really excited because we are going via Atlanta to catch up with the Johnsons.
Isaac is so handsome, I miss those cheeks!
-the caroles

PS I dig the AC/DC shirt