
We had a wonderful family Christmas at home. We decided not to go home this year since it's been such a busy year and we just wanted to relax at home. My family, parents and Steph, came up to visit us for 2 days which was wonderful and it feels more like Christmas when you get to spend it with your extended family.
I think Isaac's favorite thing about Christmas was having Mike and I home together for 6 days! The theme this year was transporatation. He is obsessed with airplanes, trains, cars, trucks, and basically anything that moves, especially planes. So he got a lot of neat books and plane toys from family. It was also fun for us to start our own Christmas traditions. I am working on perfecting our Christmas brunch menu and found THE casserole for our brunch this year. Oh, it was sooo good! My friend, Jenny, bought me the Junior League recipe book from Western Michigan and we decided to try this recipe. My family loved it, so it's a keeper! And Mike has requested homemade "Mrs. Powell's" imitation cinnamon rolls which take me hours. They were delicious but definitely a once a year thing for me. (Mrs Powells is a cinnamon roll food chain that is waaaay superior to Cinnabun, in my professional opinion)
Okay, have to get back to work but now I'm hungry thinking about cinnamon rolls!

2 comments:
Glad you liked the cookbook. I had no idea it would be such a big hit. Give the little bear a hug for me.
He is so cute, I need more pictures!
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, we also had a quiet one here in Dayton.
The Caroles
Post a Comment