Tis the season to be joyful!! I love Christmas and I love the fact that there is a time each year that we are given the chance to reflect on what God has done for us and to thank him for Jesus. It's hard though because with this time it seems that so many un-Christmasy things cause extra stress. I was power-shopping Saturday night (where I got all of my shopping done in 2 hrs!) and realized how much I do not enjoy that part of Christmas. Way too many people, loudness, and just craziness in the stores. I definitely prefer online shopping =) I'm glad we have the weekend and I am so excited to have Christmas Eve off. I got really lucky because usually that's a work day but since Christmas fell on a Saturday the hospital holiday is the day before. Yay! Our Christmas Eve service is so awesome. Last year it was amazing and this year they are having part of the Grand Rapids Symphony there. The worship is just amazing and I still remember the message from last year. I wish all of you could be there!
Mike built an ice hockey rink, yes I did just say that, an ice hockey rink in our backyard. This is kind of a normal thing up here but something I definitely didn't know about. It's about 16x24 feet. Last night, Mike was out on the ice with Isaac and his friend, Joe, when our neighbor yelled over that her kids were coming over to play. Her "kids" were 30 somethings visiting for Christmas and wanted to play on the ice. I thought it was hilarious that four grown men and a two year old were playing hockey in our backyard.
I had the joy of watching Isaac skate for the first time tonight. I told Mike that I hope he remembers that moment forever. Mike was holding him under his arms and helping him to skate along. Isaac was so excited and kept looking up at me to make sure I was still at the window watching with Luke. Mike just found him some real hockey skates off of Criags list and Isaac is just beyond excited. We couldn't wait untit Christmas to give them to him!
Well, the Christmas cards should be going out in a few days and then I will feel super proud of myself. I actually sent them out in February last year so I think I'm doing well =) There is a spelling mistake on them but I think if they were perfect, it wouldn't represent our family very well ;)
Hope you are enjoying the week!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks for the updates. I am so excited about seeing Isaac on his ice hockey rink. Way to go, Mike! It's so cute to think that Isaac was looking up to make sure his mommy and Luke were still watching his expertise on the ice. Sooo cute...Love you, Mom
Need picture as proof of the backyard ice hockey rink! That's so cool!!!
Post a Comment