Monday, July 26, 2010

A Day with I-ya

So I've(Mike) been hiding out for the past month or so in the basement trying to finish it before Dosito arrives and the beautiful Michigan winter weather graces us. Its been tough to find time to work during Isaac's naps and at night (why can't I use a circular saw at 2 am?). Eventually I'll get the before and after pics up, but we're pretty happy with the way it has turned out.

The rest of the time I'm not working, I get to enjoy some pretty funny moments with Isaac (I-ya) that I thought I would share:

-So whenever he wants to do something he always says OK or ohhhhhh. Best example was when Kristi and I were driving and we saw a ferris wheel in the distance, Isaac immediately sees it and says OK, thinking that if he answers the question before we ask, he will get to go.

-Some of his favorite toys are little 2 inch baseball players that are actually cake decorations that I used to have. He makes sure that they travel everywhere we go and will often hold 3 in one hand while riding in the car or inside the stores. He also likes to line them up on the piano bench so that they can "watch" us play hockey, or line them up in front of the goal and use them as target practice.

-Some kids get excited about Toys'R Us...Isaac loves the hockey store. Yes in Michigan there are stores solely devoted to hockey and Isaac thinks its his playground. The people in the store think he is cute so it is a little easier to let him try on all the gear as he walks around saying the proper terms for the equipment. A minor tragedy struck about a month ago though as the store was locked and Isaac started bawling, he had to get out of the car and physically shake the door to make sure it was locked!

-Thankfully he also likes and is pretty decent at a more southern sport....baseball. It was fun when Kristi's parents were here and he hit off his tee outside for about an hour. Grandpa was most amazed at his ability to hit it where he was told to hit, with the exception of drilling Daddy in the mouth when he tried to hit it over my head.

-Random thing that happened yesterday; I had to tell Isaac not to put his tank and motorcycle in the toilet! I just thought it was a funny thing that I get to deal with on a daily basis, and have another boy on the way!

-Isaac and I try to make a daily trip to somewhere in the car, which is always fun to hear what random things he sees. For example, every time we get on the highway, he knows there is a certain silo which is on the way to the hockey game which then leads to the following conversation every time.
--Isaac "Ahgee, Ahgee"
--Daddy "What about hockey buddy?"
--Isaac "Ahgee see all duh" (which is hockey season is all done)
--Daddy "When do we get to go to hockey games again?"
--Isaac "Nose" (which is his cute word for"snows")
I had to come up with the snow explanation bc he used to get really sad knowing we were going over by the arena and not going to a game, so I really hope it doesn't snow before Oct. 8.

-Continuing with the car stories, he often wants me to turn up the "meek" (music). One day I was listening to some Spanish song and he started speaking his equivalent of Spanish (sounds like gillallliillilillll). Most of the time I listen to 80's and classic rock, and the other day I changed the station to something else, and Isaac says "aseydesy" (which meant he wanted me to turn back to AC/DC... ie drums and guitars)

-He loves to ride his tricycle up and down our sidewalk. We are quite well known to our neighbors now, since he takes about 30 minutes to go about a tenth of a mile. He does get a chance to go see his little friend Claire on the way which is always a fun time since they are the same age. One of my favorite moments though was after we had been to the Harley store (Isaac loves motorcycles!). He stopped his trike and was making his motorcycle sound, "mmm-MMMM", I wondered if he saw one in the distance , but when I turned around I realized he was trying to kickstart his trike, like some motorcycles do!

So after almost 2 years I have realized that we have a motorcycle riding, guitar loving, hockey playing, analytical observer (ie engineer), who never stops laughing. That could be one interesting teenager, huh!?!?!

2 comments:

Aunt Yoda said...

I loved these stories about Isaac! It makes me feel like I know him even better. He is so cute, so smart, and so athletic! I'm sure I will be spending some of my future days at games for Isaac!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! He is so clever (you know those first few months of brain development are crucial).

I love that he can say ac/dc, which I guess is better than Wham!

the caroles