Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saving the world, one milk jug at a time. . .

My effort to participate in saving the world started today. I made a resolution this year to start recycling and I've been saving all of my lovely trash so that I can drive 20 minutes to drop such lovely trash off to a place where they will make it into something better (hopefully). I'm hoping the fuel requirements don't discount my efforts. I have a million excuses as to why I've never recycled before, mainly where to store it. Now I found a place in Kent County who will take my used plastic/paper/glass for free!!!

Less trash for me, more recycled plastic benches for you and your kids in the park. How lovely.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Doesn't it strangely make you feel SO much better, like everything is somehow right in the world? No? Just me? Oh.

I got some wild hair to start recycling about a year ago and now I can't stand to see cereal boxes or water bottles in ordinary trash cans.

Rachel said...

It's nice that M.Hts. pays for and picks up all of our recycling. (I probably wouldn't put forth the effort to collect and store it if they did not.) Amazing how much can be recycled as we average one bag (or less) of trash each week.

Jer said...

8 )
yay!

carole