Mike and Isaac have been in Kansas now for about a week and are coming home on Sunday. I'm VERY excited to see them! It was a good decision b/c I basically come home sleep til 4:30 in the afternoon, get up, and go to work at 5:00 so I'm glad Isaac is getting to see his grandparents/greatgrandpa/and cousins.
Last night was a pretty easy night at work and I had lots of time to myself. Sometimes as a mom, it just seems like kids grow up so fast. I was really thinking about that last night and had a lot of time to just pray too, and it was perfectly quiet, peaceful, and I didn't even get any interrupting pages.
I know people always say kids grow up fast and they really do. I feel like all I can do as a mom is pray that Isaac knows how much I love him and hope that he grows up to love the Lord. I think that is my strongest desire for my children. No matter what they do, where they live, what job they have, as long as they are happy, love others, and love God, I think that is the only thing important in life. We spend so much time doing things that aren't to glorify God, that sometimes it's hard for me to realize that me working is important and what God wants me to do. I guess somebody has to work in our family =) But really, I think for any working mom, it's a struggle to find a balance between working and being at home.
It's nice to have this time to recollect and make sure my life and my family's life decisions are focused on Jesus. I have to say, it's very hard. It's hard when I get grumpy being on call, hard when I miss my kid(s), hard when I feel like Isaac wants to spend more time with Mike b/c he's home more, and just finding a couple of seconds to myself to read the Bible and try to grow in someway. I know many people can relate, including stay-at-home moms/dads. Anyway, these are a lot of ramblings but it sure is nice in a busy, loud world, to appreciate a quiet moment and I certainly did last night.
I still can't wait for my boys to come home though- I wouldn't want it quiet for too long!
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow, Kristi. When does this crazy work schedule end?? I hope you guys have a great time re-uniting this weekend!
I'm praying for you, that God gives you stamina to make it through this challenging work season - all while carrying Dosito too. Gosh, I hope every night when you sleep, you wake feeling as though you just slept for ten hours. Hang in there, friend.
Kristi, thanks so much for your comment on my blog. I never thought to look at it the other way around. I appreciate your perspective. I also don't know how you are surviving with your schedule. When I was pregnant I could barely keep up with Emelia and make meals to feed the family. I could not have survived working 80 hour in five days. I will be praying for you. Your work is important. My ped is a working mom with three kids and every time I see her I thank God that she is a working mom because I love her attitude, kindness and laid back manner.
Post a Comment