Monday, November 23, 2009

Bita Bita and Nimi Nimi

For our next piece, it will be a duet (Isaac's friend Maddie)

Gotta make sure this floor is even!

The boys watching some football

So I (Mike) am finally done with the house stuff for awhile. The goal was to have it done before Thanksgiving and our parties. That's me, Dad by day and renovator by night (usually I would work on our house after Isaac went to bed at 9 and would work until 230 am which worked out pretty well). At our party the other day, one of Kristi's friends told me that I might be able to use my new skill to find a daytime job...I just laughed and said "umm...I'm actually an optometrist."

As for my favorite job, taking care of Isaac is so much fun! I've written down a list of things that he does, since I have been a slacker with my video posts, so here is a brief list:
-He often walks around saying "bita bita and nimi nimi" to which I have no idea what they mean, but obviously they are important phrases

-He is a big fan of any mode of transportation: he waves at school buses while we are driving; stops what he is doing to look at airplanes flying over(then makes a whooshing sound); hears a truck while inside the house and will run to the door to go look at them

-Imitates so many things that I do: one morning I was drinking my coffee and went "ahh" so of course he picks up his milk, takes a drink and goes ahh with a big smile on his face!
also wants to brush his teeth anytime I do and will cough after I do

-He carries around a little frog that he sleeps with and calls it "Mun" which goes back to when he used to have a monkey in his room and has decided that the frog shoud be called mun?!? Anyway, he will pat Mun on its back just like I do to him when he hugs it :) If he can't find it, he will look around the house and call out loudly "Mun, Mun" until he finds it and then will give it a hug and say "Hi Mun"

-Isaac absolutely LOVES any type of ball to which he says "ball, ball, ball, ball" until he picks it up. He does this when we drive past the sporting goods store that has a picture of a basketball and soccer ball on the outside, which conveniently enough is next to Home Depot. He also tears apart my sports illustrated looking for the ball pictures.

-He also likes to pick up his bat and ball and give me the bat to swing. He will then pitch a ball to me and then go chase it and throw another pitch. We'll see how long that lasts inside the house!

-Whenever I would work on things during the day, he would "help" and would climb over my legs to sit directly in front of what I was working on so that he could see all the action and help me, occasionally grabbing the tool and doing what I was.

-One day I was raking the leaves and he was sitting in the big pile, I stopped and put down the rake to go play with him, to which he got up, picked up the rake, gave it to me, and went back to his seat in the leaves to watch me continue working!

-He eats pretty much anything put in front of him, but is a big fan of apples and blueberries (which is good here in Michigan). Most of the time I have to cut him off from having too many!

-He is a big fan of books, especially sports, animals, and truck books; but he hasn't figured out the concept of only reading one at a time and will bring me 2 or 3 to read to him.

-He likes to listen to music and play the piano along with it. If the music isn't on, he will come get one of us and request that it is turned on, by repeating "muh, muh, muh" (which is different than the word for Mommy ("Mah-meh") and milk (meah)). Obviously different requests!
One thing that is really great is he follows commands and directions really well, which makes my like easier. He will also occasionally tell me things like "per" which means he needs his diaper changed or that he is ready for sleeping and will hug Mun and walk to his room!

I could go on forever, but I figured I would give a couple of stories about his life here in the great green north. So much for all the snow hype! Apparently this has been a very mild fall, but the snow is on its way, as evidenced by our neighbors putting up snow marking sticks in their driveways and on fire hydrants!

I'm working on getting the house before and after pics up in a little bit. So until then, Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates! Isaac is growing up so quickly, and he is so clever.
Lochie did a picture of Kristi at school and wrote Dr Kristi (Career day). I love that Lochlan is such a name dropper. Speaking of which, I went to get my eyes checked by Dr Park Studebaker (it actually made me sad to go elsewhere). Anyhoo, he took a picture of my eyes which I thought was pretty snazzy. My eyes are still the same, and they were playing country music! I need some Wham.
Hope you guys have a great thanksgiving, you are blessed with a wonderful family. I miss my little yum yum.

-the caroles