Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Explorations of an almost 1 year old

Ahh...If I use my own spoon, I can make a bigger mess!!

The beautiful bathroom..you have to come visit if you want to see the final result.

Two little sleeping bears


Isaac absolutely LOVES the water and sand... up next, bodysurfing!



What state/country am I in again????




Where the wind goes sweepin' down the plains...err dunes

Here is just a collection of pics from the past 2 weeks. We all went to Warren Dunes State Park (a little under an hour and a half away) for part of our anniversary and ate at Bob Evans...anniversaries are a little different with little bears!!

Kristi is still busy, but happy she is getting to do new surgical procedures and looking forward to ER where she doesn't have to take call. She definitely misses us during the days and long call nights. Isaac and I (Mike) have gone to visit her a few times which definitely helps her day go by better.

Isaac is really quite a mobile bear these days. He is starting to stand unassisted for longer periods and cruises all over the place. I walked out of the room today and left him in the family room and within less than a minute, the fridge was open and he was talking to the mustard. He is definitely a fun little guy and loves exploring EVERYTHING!!!!

His birthday party is coming up soon and we are excited that a few of Kristi's resident friends are coming since we still don't know many people here. One of the residents is making an amazing cake for Isaac which I'm sure Kristi will write about on the next post.
As for me, I have been redoing the master bathroom with new tile, paint, fixtures, and faucets. HGTV makes it look so easy and fast, but I guess that's b/c they don't have 1-2 hour increments restricting work schedule (thank the Lord Isaac is a good sleeper!). Actually it hasn't been that bad aside from changing our mind on the paint choice 3 times. It definitely going to look much better than the 80's decor it used to have.







7 comments:

Jodie Jones said...

So cute! We miss you all so much. Little Isaac looks so much older than he did even when we saw you in May. Lots of love! The Jones Family

Rachel said...

He's getting so big!! Love his teeth! Glad to hear things are going well.

Unknown said...

I wonder when Isaac will surf on Brazilian waves...
Miss you lots!
Love, Dani

Jessie (Antes) said...

A little tip on the remodeling -- it really DOES take 3x as long and 4 extra trips to Home Depot than you think it will. Our "project" only took 2 1/2 years. Hang in there!

Mary Anspaugh said...

I love the pictures! It's great you have so many fun places to visit that are close to home. Isaac looks so grown up and adorable in the England picture!
Mike, I'm impressed to see the toilet is out of the bathroom. Looking forward to the after photos...
Enjoy your ER time, Kristi. It will be nice to not be on call.

Jennifer B said...

Can't wait to see the new bathroom. You always make whatever you get and wherever you're at look classy and feel homey. Love the cuddle picture. I wish you could capture the feeling of it too.

Anonymous said...

I miss my Isaac updates
- the caroles