Well, actually match day was Monday which means we find out where we're going to be for residency! So I matched at Metro Hospital in Grand Rapids, Michigan for Otolaryngology/Facial Plastic Surgery (Ear Nose and Throat or ENT is what everybody calls it). I am very excited as this hospital was sooo nice. It's actually a new hospital and is a prototype "green" hospital. That means all of the paint, new carpet, etc, is all non-toxic and they do a great job of recycling stuff during surgery that isn't used, which is really great because you would be amazed at the amount of waste in our hospitals. The residents were all really great and they take one person each year so there are only 5 residents - it's a 5 year residency.
I'm so excited for this opportunity but I know it will be a lot of studying and very challenging. I've always been up for a challenge though. I just thank God for guiding my steps and directing me to a career path. I prayed a lot to make sure I was choosing the right way. It was hard to decide what to do once I had Isaac because it was so hard for me to go back. I interviewed all over and this was my favorite so I'm lucky they liked me too =) I feel very blessed to have such great family and friends who were praying for me during this whole process. I haven't written much about it because it's all kind of up in the air until match day but it has been so challenging. The traveling in Oct-Dec was very taxing and so was all of the uncertainty. It all worked out though!! Sometimes I wonder when I will ever get to the point that I can just totally not worry about the future and trust God to handle it b/c He always shows me that He is!!
So if anyone has ever wanted to visit Michigan, here's your chance! Now all we need to do is find a snowblower on sale . . .
Kristi
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yay!! So happy for you... I just kind of had a feeling that is where you would end up. Congrats!! Kisses to the Bear!!
Kristi, congratulations! This is fantastic news; I'm really happy for you!
Post a Comment