Sunday, February 01, 2009

Isaac's a big kid now!

Or so he thinks. He is now graduating from his lovely organic brown rice cereal (he eats better than us) to pureed carrots. I spent a little time today making pureed carrots with my lovely food processor. We just got this food processor for Christmas and it just amazes me. I've never had one and I'm easily entertained so I like using it all the time now for random things. It makes making his baby food the easiest thing. The carrots I made today will last him for two weeks. He liked his cereal right away, we started that at 5 months but wanted to wait until 6 months for anything else. He is basically just being introduced one new veggie a week. His expression trying carrots for the first time was hilarious! He didn't seem to think it was so spectacular but he ate it. He has his 6 month check-up tomorrow so we'll see how much of a chunker he is!

He's doing really well sleeping now, from 9PM-8AM is the schedule we have him on. The problem has been getting him to nap as well at home as he does at Carole's. Finally we had success!! I thought that the reason he wasn't sleeping as well for naps at home was because it wasn't as dark. I blocked out his windows this weekend and it worked. I couldn't believe how great he has been sleeping now and problem solved!! For those that don't have kids, getting them to eat and sleep can be the most stressful part and once that's figured out, it's a big deal! I've spent many hours getting advice from Jodie, my sister, about all of this and it's nice to have people to share these experiences with. It certainly isn't always easy but having Isaac is just too wonderful!

God Bless!

First Food!!!

Funny stuff

No comments: