Sunday, June 05, 2011

Indy

Well all of our fun traveling is done and now I am doing some not so fun traveling. We all went back to KS for a few days in May and in the meantime Mike and I left the kiddos with his parents and went to Miami for a few days. It was a nice relaxing time to be together. Now I am in Indianapolis where I am doing a rotation for one month. I have to come back here in September too. It is a great rotation, in terms of getting to see interesting surgeries and things that isn't even done in Grand Rapids. I was definitely ready for a change to am thankful to be doing some different and fun surgeries. Of course, I terribly miss my kids. We stay busy here which helps and I am working on a research project. I'm also trying to update some baby books while I am here! I have been running a lot here too and found some nice trails. The worst times are at night when I miss my kids and I'm in my hotel so prayers would be appreciated for my kids who miss me too, my husband who is being a single dad at home for a month, and for me who is missing my kids! So a lot of you may be getting calls from me on Friday nights and Sunday nights on my drive from Indy to GR and back on the weekends I go home!!

On a happier note, it is just amazing to watch Isaac continue to develop his language skills. Last week, he had an owie and Mike told him to pray to Jesus to help make himself feel better. The next day, he said, "Jesus helped me feel better daddy! Daddy, who is jesus? Where does he live?" After Mike tries to explain . . . "Where is heaven?" he's been very inquisitive about Jesus lately. Saying to Grandma as she left today for church, "Gamma, do you love Jesus?!" I guess he wanted to confirm that he wasn't the only one who had heard about this Jesus =)

1 comment:

Thuy said...

Praying for you, Kristi! I'm sure that is SO hard! I'm glad you like your work there; otherwise, that would be really rough. Hope the month flies by. I love the Jesus story. :) Kids say the greatest things sometimes!