Sunday, August 22, 2010

Oh baby!

I had a baby shower for my friend and I thought I would show the cake I made. It's far from perfect but I am trying to start learning how to make cakes, just simple ones, so here is my first attempt at covering a cake with fondant. Isaac's cake was made with fondant, just the red part though, this cake was completely out of fondant. It was only slightly stressful =) I would do it differently when I do it again. My neighbor is a pastry chef so she has been super helpful with good advice.

3 comments:

Mrs. Anspaugh said...

It looks amazing to me. BTW, there is no such thing as a simple fondant cake.
Love you,
Mom

Lish said...

Hey Girl, nice job! Next time I need a cake I'll call you. Make sure it's sturdy and can travel several states away.
Miss you

Rachel said...

Great job! I will be looking for you to appear on Food Network's Cake Challenge pretty soon!