Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Best Food Ever Award

So not only did I get to see my family over Thanksgiving, but I also went home last weekend for a wonderful wedding reception for my long-time friend Molly. We ran cross country/track together in college and now she's married!! Yaay!

I really thought that I wasn't going to make it there though. We had alot of snow early Friday AM and I couldn't get to Detroit where my flight was leaving from. So Mike was so underestanding that I really wanted to go, so I showed up at the little airport in Grand Rapids to see if I could get a flight. I got there at about 9:30am and the attendant said I could get on the 9:35 flight if I didn't check any bags. Done!! I was so happy and who needs hair stuff and face wash anyway ;)

It was wonderful. A small reception at the Kansas City Culinary Institute. Seriously, one of the best meals I have ever had with excellent wine pairings chosen by my foodie friends with by far the best port wine I've ever had. The culinary people also gave all the guests the recipes! Aside from the food, it's wonderful just to see your good friends married who waited for just the right time. God has truly blessed me with a wonderful friend in Molly and I'm sure that their marriage is just going to be all sorts of wonderful.



Friends from Alpha Chi and their hubbies: Micah, Melissa, Me, Scott, Molly, Lauren, Andy

No comments: