Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Vegas Baby!

So Kristi had this great idea that Mike and Isaac fly to Vegas to meet her at a convention she was speaking at. Since our lives are always interesting, we decided why not!?! Kristi flew direct from Michigan where she was on a rotation, and the boys flew from Columbus after already spending some quality days together (sidenote; one morning Mike woke up to Isaac screaming, apparently the boy had an explosive poo and needed to have a full pit stop including a bath at 5:00 am, I'll (Mike) get him back one day for that!) As the journey began, Isaac did a great job on his first plane trip, even getting compliments on not crying. Meanwhile, I got some strange looks as the random dad taking a 3 month old to Vegas, but everybody was very willing to help (one lady even offered her breastfeeding services just in case Isaac needed a "quick pick me up"...weird!)

In Vegas, we had a fabulous time staying at the Palazzo. Kristi was very happy to see her boys and Isaac definitely missed her. He and I walked around while Kristi was at her meetings and saw the Lamborghini dealership, the shops at the Venetian, Ceasar's Palace, and lots of other cool stuff. Unfortunately they won't let you gamble with a child attached, so I saved that for later. Kristi and I also got to spend some good "date" time together and went to Spago (Wolfgang Puck's restaurant) for dessert and then to the club Tao, as we had another med student watch Isaac. The following night, all of us got to partake in dinner at one of Emeril's steakhouses, Delmonico's. Isaac did a great job of chilling in his stroller while we all ate together. It's pretty cool getting to go to different places while Kristi has to play SOMA prez.

One last tidbit, Kristi had her interview for her Dayton ENT residency tonight and we'll see how it went in a few days. Now she is off to Grand Rapids, MI for 2 days, then returns to Dayton for one day, and then off again to St. Louis for another rotation. Enjoy the pics!

I'm not afraid of heights!!!!

The little drummer boy
My first flight





1 comment:

Courtney said...

Kristi, where's your rotation in St Louis?