Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hurricane Ike, and we're not talking about our baby . . .

so we've had an interesting last week and a half. the other grandparents came up to meet Isaac =) Kent and June Manion came. Mike and Kent went to a Mets and a Yankees game last weekend. The game on Friday night was rained out so there were actually 2 Mets games to see that Saturday (the 13th) which is like a dream come true for 2 crazy baseball fans. I was so happy they got to see the game b/c it was one of the last games at the old Yankee stadium and Mike really wanted to see a game there. I also got a couple of cute shirts and some dark chocolate from the Hershey store.
Grandpa Manion and Isaac


While they were out galavanting around New York, June stayed home with Isaac and me. He was going through a growth spurt and was eating at 9PM, 12AM, 3AM, 5:30AM, and 7AM for awhile. I was glad she was here to help me with that! He is getting chubbier now and you can really tell he has grown a lot =) What's interesting though is that we had effects from Hurricane Ike that weekend. We lost power Sunday and Monday, it came on just before I picked the guys up at the aiport =) Isaac didn't like being in the dark. Now I realize I need to be more responsible and actually have an emergency kit or something. We need batteries, flashlights, and matches I discovered!




It was crazy here and when the manions send me pics I'll try to post them. We went to house church last night and made pizzas. Then we walked around giving out pizzas and cookies to the worker people. I even met some people from Missouri up helping =) There are still about 100 homes in Oakwood that don't have power after a week! I'm so thankful we do just for the laundry reasons b/c Isaac creates plenty of that!




He still loves his baths and gets this wonderful relaxed face during it. Ahh, warm water . . .

No comments: